If you are having a problem with ants don't worry you are not alone. Many people here in our community have problems with these unwanted guests. As with all of your pest control issues you should consult with a pest control professional. Here are some tips to help you out in the meantime.
- Put a food source by the door or window in order to get the ants to leave things like cabinets and counters. Put out some food on say a plate in those places where they are and then physically relocate them into the garbage or recycle. If they prefer it, the scouts will direct the rest there.
- Organize the trash. You should use something like meat in the food garbage, and maybe not so well washed ice cream containers or soda bottles in the recycle, one or the other or both. Make sure the ants can get under the door or window, from and to the outside.
- Place the commercial service waste containers next the door or window outside if possible. After the whole or most of the gang is foraging the garbage and not the rest of the kitchen, move the garbage and or recycle outside next to the commercial service containers.
- Leave a space under the lid of the waste container so the ants can get in. They usually move into there at this point, once they realize it is a paradise of unwanted food scraps. Then you can again have your small garbage and recycle containers back in the kitchen ant free. If the waste collection service containers cannot be used near the kitchen or place where the ants have congregated, you could use something of your own creation.
- Removing the commercial containers to the street for pickup will deprive the the ants of their food source for a couple of days. This may not generally interrupt the system.
When you choose Total Control for your termite and pest protection you get the best possible price and the highest level of service available. Click here to contact us now.